Thursday, November 17, 2011

Article #001 - The Sonny Bono T-Shirt

Once in a lifetime, a T-Shirt comes along and changes your whole view of the world. Time seems to go by a little slower, the sun shines a little brighter, bacon tastes baconier - everything's just going your way!

The story's always the same. You were searching in the $4 bin of your local Goodwill, sifting through all the AYSO, little league, church picnic, and "Proud to be an American" shirts, when all of a sudden, you find it. The second you see it, you know - this is the one. You know now that you are the luckiest person in the world.

For me, this is that shirt.

This is the Sonny Bono "I Want You Babe" T-Shirt, and it is the greatest T-Shirt ever made. Period.

As you can see, it is a campaign shirt for Sonny Bono's run for mayor of Palm Springs, which is what launched his political career where he was eventually elected to the US House of Representatives. Apparently he decided to run for mayor because he was annoyed that the city wouldn't allow him to put a sign on his newly-opened restaurant.

If I've ever heard a reason to run for mayor, that sure is it.

(as always, CLICK on the photo to enable the
ENLARGE-O-MATIC PHOTO EMBIGGENER®!!)

Unfortunately, I have grown out of this shirt. It gave me 3 wonderful years of chest-covering service, but it saddens me that I'll never, ever get to wear this shirt ever again...

So, I'm going to frame it. No, really. I am.

Oh, and here's a video of Sonny & Cher visiting the infamous 60s Hollywood nightclub, The Haunted House! You know... from the greatest movie ever, Girl in Gold Boots! YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment