Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hollywood Walk of Fame Trading Cards (Part 3 of 4)

Today's object of interest to me and one other person in the universe is PART THREE of the fantasmagorical Hollywood Trading Cards!

Today's card is the one, the only, J.R. Ewing aka Larry Hagman!


Okay, I can't lie. I don't own this trading card anymore. I gave it to my super cool friend Jennifer, who is the world's biggest Dallas fan.

Anyways, this guy is Larry Hagman. If you don't know who he is, then... well, I really don't know what to say. This guy has worked non-stop since the late 1950s! Of course, you should recognize him from I Dream of Jeannie or Dallas.

He was also in a great (and by great, I mean terrible yet entertaining) TV movie called Sarah T. - Portrait of a Teenage Alcoholic, starring Linda Blair, William Daniels, and Luke Skywalker himself -- Mark Hamill.


Oh, and he was on The Rockford Files once. This immediately makes him a god.

Not too many people know this, but he also did some directing! He directed a bunch of episodes of Dallas, I Dream of Jeannie, and In the Heat of the Night, as well as one feature length film! That one film he directed is Beware! The Blob, the insane 1972 horror-comedy sequel to the classic Steve McQueen horror film, The Blob!

It's a strangely hilarious movie. The cast includes a lot of great actors from the 1970s including Dick Van Patten, Cindy Williams, Del Close, Carol Lynley, Bud Cort, Sid Haig, and the Penguin himself, Burgess Meredith! I highly recommend watching it. It is a laugh and a three quarters.

Check out the trailer for Beware! The Blob below!!


Oh yeah, and it also includes a cameo by Christian rock pioneer Larry Norman.

WWWWEEEEIIIIIRRRRRDDDDD. 


Anyways, this Larry Hagman guy is super cool. He's still working, too! In fact, he's playing J.R. Ewing again on the new version of Dallas!!

What a cool dude.


Also, if anyone can tell me what the question is on card #151, I'll give them 1,000,000 internet pixel-dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment