Saturday, June 2, 2012

The ¡Three Amigos! Novelization

Hello there El Guapos and Guapettes, and welcome to today's post -- the ¡Three Amigos! novelization!

I don't have to tell you how much I love this film, since I'm sure you already know.

The novelization... well, not so much. It pretty much takes everything funny about the film and turns it into something like a depressing reenactment from America's Most Wanted. The jokes fall flat, the descriptions are terribly unpleasant, and for some reason they make Lucky Day a kind of abusive, self-centered jerk, which is kind of soul-crushing. 

One thing the author should be commended for though, is for doing the impossible -- making the "My Little Buttercup" song completely unbearable. Although, that's not really something to be proud of.

The best thing about this book (besides the photos) is the inclusion of a few of the deleted scenes in the story, including the introduction of the Amigos in the studio mansion and their interactions with their butler and maid. They also include the extended scene of the Amigos meeting with Harry Flugelman that's on the Blu-Ray which is pretty groovy, if you ask me.

Oddly, in the photos section of the book, they include a photo from a deleted scene that's not even represented in the book. It's a photo of Lucky and Ned tied to some sort of obscure torture device while Dusty shoots at what is apparently El Guapo.

Well, that's pretty much it. I'm not going to scan the entire book for you, because

     a) That'd take me a really long time.
     b) I don't feel like it.
     c) You can get the book for ONE PENNY on Amazon.com.

I did, however, scan the photo pages and, well, here they are.

CLICK on the photos to enable the ENLARGE-O-MATIC PHOTO EMBIGGENER®!!




A closer look at the photo from the deleted scene.

Have fun, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment